Almost 60 Black and Brown immigrants in two maximum security prisons in Ontario began refusing food on the morning of Monday, July 11th.
Their demands are simple: they don’t want to be jailed indefinitely, without charges or trial, in maximum security
For media inquiries, please click here.
The men are taking a courageous stance, refusing to allow their humanity to be stripped away behind bars. They are calling on all of us to support them. Here’s what you can do:
- If you haven’t yet, sign their petition!
- Take a moment to call, tweet and email Minister Ralph Goodale and ask him to meet with the hunger strikers – 613-947-1153 / @RalphGoodale / email@example.com
- Share this image on facebook and twitter and get your friends to make the call too.
- Learn about the issues, read these frequently asked questions
- Follow us on facebook and twitter!
- Scroll below on this page to read about upcoming events and action, listen to detainee recordings and messages and other information you may need.